So, You Want to Stop Violence?
Awareness, Wellness and Choices forum
In Observance of
National Domestic Violence Month
Please Join Author JASON IRBY and Arkansas State Senator Stephanie Flowers
Saturday, October 31, 2015
217 Main Street – Pine Bluff, Arkansas
10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
This event will focus on violence, resolutions and responsibility. Exhibitors will present causes and effects of violent behavior.
Guest Speakers & Presenters:
Domestic Violence Forum at UCA
Director of Community Programs City of Little Rock
Judge, Pulaski County
Arkansas State Senator, District 25
Senate Committee Chair
Retired Officer Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department
Financial Services Representative
Kim Jones Sneed
Founder/Publisher of Stuff In The Bluff
Women’s Ministries at Dorcas House
Jason Irby, author of Love Within Life: So, You Want to Stop Violence, and Arkansas State Sen. Stephanie Flowers will host an event in observance of National Domestic Violence Month on Saturday, October 31, 2015.
Beginning at 10:00 a.m., local experts will focus on the topic of violence, resolutions and community responsibility. This will take place at the Office of Sen. Flowers, located at 217 Main Street in Pine Bluff, AR (71601). Free refreshments including grilled hamburgers and hot dogs will be served. In addition, exhibitors will present causes and effects of violent behavior.
Hear from a variety of special guests representing numerous aspects of the community as they share vital information.
Presenters and special highlights include:
• Adrian Gardner Professor UCA – Coordinator of Domestic Violence Forum at UCA
• Dana Dossett – Director of Community Programs, City of Little Rock
• Rita Bailey – Judge, Pulaski County
• Stephanie Flowers – Arkansas State Senator District 25, Senate Committee Chair
• Robert Sturd – Retired Officer, Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department
• Tiffney Lewis – Financial Services Representative
• Kim Jones Sneed – Founder/Publisher of Stuff In The Bluff
• Dorcas VanGilst – LPC, Director of Women’s Ministries at Dorcas House
• UAPB – Small Farm Program, Essence of a Woman and Black Male Achievers
• Organizations – Heart and Soul Saints, TIZ Youth Ministry, Wells Bayou Youth’s Development and Miss Arkansas Plus America
• Others – Pine Bluff Fire Department and Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department
• More – Tobacco Awareness, Farmers Appreciation, Breast Cancer and Fire Prevention.
According to Irby, his book has inspired him to create the Awareness, Wellness and Choices Fair as a way to address violence issues such as domestic violence, child abuse, bullying, peer pressure and other inappropriate behaviors.
Irby, a humanitarian, is the recipient of the 2015 Civic Recognition Award. He is recognized for his acts of compassion and kindness.
This event is free of charge and open to the general public. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.